Finished Cloak

I actually finished this a couple weeks ago (I was slow in putting on a hook and eye, but that finally got done). I used the pattern in Costume Close-Up with basically no modification, except that I did not have to piece the hood. The fabric is wool melton/broadcloth from Burnley and Trowbridge.

IMG_8400

IMG_8401

IMG_8404

IMG_8405

Advertisements

Linen Jacket and Petticoat

Finished this project last week. It’s a jacket made out of a printed linen and a petticoat made out of a blue coordinating linen/cotton blend. I used the JP Ryan 18th C jackets pattern, which required little modification to fit.

Front

Side

Back bodice

After finishing that, I cut out a red wool cloak. I figure now that I’m going to more 18th C events, I better have some outerwear for the cold months.

Pieces cut out