Newly Trimmed

Some ribbon from Dames a la Mode was all I needed to turn this:
Jane Austen Ball

Into this:
New Trim

Ready for Christmas!



I finished my Dress U court dinner outfit last night. Awwww yeah!!!

(Inspiration photo is here.)



More Progress

I finished a bunch more on my regency gown this past week and today. On the dress itself I’ve got most everything done except for trim, hooks and bars, and finishing some interior seam allowances. Today I draped the court train I’m going to wear with this, and got a lot of the major construction done. For that, I still need to work on the waistband, closures, and trim. But I’m making good progress to have this whole ensemble done by Dress U. I’m hoping to wear this outfit to the court dinner.

Front with Skirt



Draping the court train (this is the lining fabric, the fashion fabric is cotton velvet)
Draping the Court Train

Beginning the court train in the velvet fabric
Beginning Train in Fashion Fabric

First Fitting

Here are pictures from last week, when I was fitting my new regency gown. I’ve gotten a lot farther than this now, but I haven’t had a chance to take more photos.

The dress closes in the center front, using drawstrings I made from braided linen thread. The skirt will attach with a sort of dog leg closure, similar to what Jenni did here.

Fitting Bodice Front

Bodice Back So Far