I need to do a proper post recapping how I put this costume together, because I actually bothered to take pictures of some of the process. I was lucky and was able to snag one of the Batwoman dresses from Hot Topic before they sold out, but then I went on an odyssey searching for proper socks and how to make a con-safe bat. It turns out that if you look for black and red socks, nearly all of them are black with red stripes, not red with black stripes. Until you specifically search for soccer and rugby socks made in the UK. Go figure. I was fortunate to find a foam bat that I could draw on with Sharpie markers. Some cons let you take in wooden props, but some do not, so I wanted something that was even less likely to fail a weapons check. I also assembled the hat (sewing the ears and attaching a logo patch) and made the mask (using techniques I learned at Costume College last year).