First Finished Object of 2015

I put closures on this skirt today, so it’s done! It’s an 1890s skirt, made using TV 291, the Truly Victorian 1898 Walking Skirt pattern. The fashion fabric is a black wool, and I flat-lined it to black cotton broadcloth. I put in a deep hem facing of cotton twill, to make the hem stand out a bit. I found the pattern to be straightforward, although there are a lot of pieces (what with the 7 gores and the hem facings for each gore).

I plan to wear this to Judy’s “Any Costume Party” in late January

1890s Skirt

The blouse in the photo is a piece I purchased a number of years ago when it was on sale at River Junction. I’ve never had the chance to wear it!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s