New Project

I spent all of today mocking up a new set of regency stays. These are going to be highly modernized, because I’ve already done the whole fully hand sewn, corded thing on my last set. I want to make these faster and have a front-opening busk in them, because I really dislike lacing myself into regency stays. I throw out my back or pull my shoulder about 30% of the time when I do the lacing without any help. Maggie has a set of regency stays with a Victorian busk in them, which originally gave me the idea, and I am so jealous. It would make fittings so much easier, too. Last week, I finally ordered supplies, and today I went back and found my existing pattern to try with the new busk. I think this might work!

New Stays

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “New Project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s