Finished Waistcoat

I finished this up last weekend, along with my stays. Most productive sewing weekend ever! It helped that all I had to do was make buttonholes and sew on buttons.

I made something like 12 practice buttonholes by hand, and then realized that they all looked ugly because I didn’t have decent buttonhole twist. For whatever reason I hadn’t been able to find some in the right shade of maroon, so I ended up with this thick, icky, polyester thread. And it does not work well by hand! I ended up throwing in the towel and doing them by machine in thinner cotton thread. Since the holes are small and mostly covered by the buttons, I’m fine with it. I had already used the machine on this project, and I know that there are mistakes in it, so it wasn’t worth the effort of doing the buttonholes by hand.

Mike trying it on, before the buttonholes:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s