The Corset Is Finished!

I finished binding the 1880s corset last night, so I immediately had to try it on. I’m happy with the fit, though I did leave a large gap in the back. I’ll wait and see if the corset stretches with wear, but I may add a modesty panel.

The fabric is just two layers of black cotton twill. I didn’t put a lot of bones in (there are ten spiral steels, plus two flat steels in the center back), but I think that’s fine because there is only one space that is over a couple inches wide between any two bones.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s