Another Update on Taylor’s Mitts

First, I thought I should post a picture of the first mitt with the point turned back and a photo of the other side of the mitt:

And a pic of the palm side:

Plus, I have been hard at work on the second mitt. I finished the knit hem last night and started working the arm shaping. The hem is one of the most time-consuming parts, so hopefully I will pick up speed now that I am done with that.

Here you can see the provisional cast on I used (the black yarn):

Then I knit a purl row, so that I could turn under the hem:

After that I undid the provisional cast on and transfered the live stitches to another set of dpns:

Then I folded the work in half, wrong sides together, and knit the two sets of live stitches together:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s