Sewing Update

Yes, I did sew a bit over the winter holiday. I finially hemmed everything on my green regency dress. It fits me decently, and I am happy with it. It’s the first thing I’ve finished that is above Halloween costume quality. Then, I started on another dress, a bib-front regency. Mike gave me the Period Impressions pattern for Hanukkah. I managed to snag some fabric by Andover UK that is supposed to be a reproduction from the Jane Austen quilt. I want to make a bib front dress from this, but I wasn’t sure about my skills, so I made a full test run using some broadcloth from the stash. It’s almost right, but I need to do some fiddling with the side openings and made the shoulders wider. Plus understitch the lining so it doesn’t stick out so much.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s